Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hello...


There are two ways to achieve immortality; one can either bequeath one’s personality disorders on one’s children, or one’s oeuvre. Since the former isn’t happening anytime soon, I’ve chosen writing this blog as a way to record my work and share my humble musings.  I’ve always found writing to be therapeutic, but never shared it with anyone except a select few friends. It was always too personal, too raw, and sharing it made me feel too exposed.

However, a good friend of mine, Amanda, recently started a powerful blog (http://thebunniesmama.blogspot.com) to chronicle her life as a new mother and inspired me to start blogging as well. Maybe I’ll be able to help someone as she has, or maybe I’ll be another small, barely noticeable blip in cyberspace. Only time will tell I suppose.

A little more about me: I’m a physician, currently living in exile from one of the greatest cities in the world (Go Yankees!).  I believe in only a handful of things: the transformative power of love, the Golden Rule, evolution, karma, hard work eventually paying off and myself.

The last two go hand in hand, as my current job situation is in a bit of flux. It’s been an uphill battle, and as of late, it feels more like scaling an ice cliff…without the right tools…or arms. Ok, maybe that last part was a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.

The title of this blog is Hindi for “from my heart” in case you were wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment